I started a new story last night. It’s got me buried up to my eyeballs in deep house and trance. I’d forgotten how much I love this music. Guess it fell away too quickly when I stopped hitting raves and festivals. Ahh, my ears are loving this.
Anyway, here’s what’s been happening:
In the rearview
- Finished a first draft of a new story (that “space fuck boat with no boats” story I told you about last year). It was maybe 3 months in the making, plus another month for a rewrite and three edits, and is now with an editor. Yes, a proper editor — not just me with a dram of whiskey.
- Reviewed my outlines for the Basilica Conspiracy series (of which Chasing Sisyphus was the first instalment). I’ll be ready to start writing the sequel soon. This’ll be a second start, as I pretty much hate what I started with 👌
- Thought about what I want out of this year: more writing, better writing, fewer distractions. So far, so good.
What I’m working on
- A new short story. It doesn’t have a title yet, but the heroine’s name is Danica 😊 and it’s got me listening to trance and deep house 💖
- The Christmas story. Yep, picking it back up. Figuring out where I got to is struggletown.
- Plotting a new series.